As part of our onboarding process for new clients, we need to have access to Google Analytics for their website so we can monitor how the site is performing and gather marketing data. Generally, your Google login for Analytics is the same as your Google login for all other Google services. Therefore, it is important that you never give anyone else your Google login if they request access. Always add them as a user so you can suspend access later if necessary.
For clients not accustomed to working in Google Analytics, here are five simple steps to add a new user to Google Analytics.
- Logging into to Google Analytics
- Selecting the site we need access for
- Click “Admin” at the top.
- Go to “User Management”
- Add permissions for: email@example.com
- In most cases, give permissions for Manage Users, Edit, Collaborate, Read & Analyze but NOT “Manage Users”
- Select the option click “Add”
You’re all set! The system will notify the new admin.